Privacy & cookies policy
What information do we collect from you?
We will collect information about you when you open an account, register with this website, place an order for products or services, request further information from us or if you wish to contact your local branch. The type of information we may collect includes your name, postal address, job title, e-mail address and telephone number so that we can contact you accordingly. When you enter a competition or promotional feature, we may also ask for your name, postal address, e-mail address and telephone number so we can administer the competition and notify winners.
We may also obtain information about your usage of this website using Cookies. Separate terms and conditions may apply when you open an account or if you decide to participate in a competition so please make sure that you read these at the relevant time.
How do we use the information we collect about you?
We may use the information provided by you:
- to process your order or manage your account (if applicable),
- to contact you for your views on our services,
- to notify you about important changes or developments to our site or services,
- to provide a more personalised online experience,
- for record keeping purposes,
- To keep you informed about our products and services that we offer. If you agree, we may also pass your information to other companies in the Group so that they keep you informed about the products or services which they offer. For more information see the paragraph below, and
- for market research purposes, on an anonymous basis to track activity on our site, to publish trends and/or to improve usefulness and content,
We only retain your information for a limited period in order to respond to your query, provide you with the information you require or to send you updates on our products and services for as long as you indicate that you are happy for us to do so. We are required to keep some records for a longer period of time to meet our legal obligations.
Keeping you informed
However, we may use other companies to provide services to you on our behalf. These services may include but are not limited to answering your questions about products or services, sending postal mail and e-mails and analysing data. We will only provide those companies with the information they need to deliver the service we have engaged them for and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
We may have to disclose your information by law or because a court or the police or other law enforcement agency has asked us for it. In the event that a majority of our shares were bought by another company or we transferred a substantial amount of our assets to another company, we would disclose your personal information to that purchaser.
How is your information protected?
We take protection of your information seriously and have appropriate physical and technological security measures in place to keep it safe. Internally, we restrict access to personal information. Only employees who need the information in order to do their jobs have access to it. We never transfer your data outside of the UK.
We do have relationships with carefully-selected suppliers who may also set cookies during your visit.
- Google Maps. [Cookie name: NNID PREF]
You can manage these small files and learn more about them from the article, Internet Browser cookies- what they are and how to manage them.
We're giving you this information as part of our initiative to comply with recent legislation, and to make sure we're honest and clear about your privacy when using our website.